Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Silent Long Enough ...

I have been silent long enough.

Out of respect, I have avoided writing this blog for more than a year.

One of my sons expressed deep concern over my attitude toward the government in general, and the Occupational Government of Barack Obama and his secular-progressive neo-communist Marxists in specific.

I am no longer bound by that respect.

Over a year ago, I received a letter from him.  In that letter:

     He denigrated my wife and hurt her feelings deeply when he had no idea what he was talking about.  This is the woman that saved me from insanity ... the woman that helped me overcome the prejudices of a lifetime of learning.  The woman that has never, even once, tried to make me forget my first wife, who was taken from our family too soon.  The woman that has shown nothing but respect and gratitude toward his late mother that MOST women would have tried to purge from existence.  The woman that has never asked me to take down or dispose of anything from my first life.  The woman that loves Debbie deeply, and respects her even more.

     He blamed all of his problems with his life on me, and took no responsibility for his own actions.

He, like a coward, sent a letter of accusation and blame  A letter that left no recourse for response.  A calculating and carefully written conviction without trial or court.

I have waited, patiently, for him to man-up and face his problems, and face me.

I am not waiting anymore.

I love you, son, but it is not my fault that you are the way you are.  I missed the formative years of your young life (the years that your blood-father abandoned you in, while he traipsed about the globe, knocking up women and cheating on his wife).  

For my part, I am at peace with his delusion.

I have a single demand for my son.  He must apologize to my wife, to her face and with sincerity.  There is no compromise.  Even if he decides he wants nothing to do with me until the day he dies and poisons my grandchild against me forever, he MUST apologize to her.

She had nothing to do with you or whatever imagined abuses he suffered, and deserves much better than what you have given her.

If he does not apologize to her, there will be consequences.

Son, if you want to abdicate your own responsibility and transfer it to someone else, look to the man that abandoned you, not to the man that took you into his life and tried to raise you as best he could.

I gave you everything I had ... blood, sweat, tears and pain ... and you have the gall to accuse me.

The matter is in his hands now.  My hope is that he accepts that he is a grown man and owns his actions, rather than trying to pin them on the one man that NEVER abandoned him.

I will no longer accept the blame.  He's a grown-up, and needs to act like it.

I will no longer refrain from calling out the government on its abuses and constitution-shredding policies just because he has the "I'm a perpetual victim, it isn't MY fault" mentality.

Hopefully he will learn that he is an adult and seriously needs to take responsibility for his actions, rather than laying blame on everyone BUT himself.

I am not responsible for his actions.  He is.

The ball is in your court, son.


No comments:

Post a Comment